here or contact Edward D. English at 893-3167
- 9:30 am - (Assistant
Professor, History, University of New Mexico)
- 'Journey to the Center of the Earth: The Holy Land in Chronicles
of the First Crusade'
Respondent: Richard Hecht, Department of Religious Studies, UCSB
Professor, English, University of Texas at Austin)
- 'Harley Lyrics & Hereford Clerics: The Implications of
Respondent: Richard Helgerson, Department of English, UCSB
- Lunch 12:30-1:30 pm
- - (Professor, History, Washington State University)
- 'From Ptolemy to Idrisi to Ibn Said al-Maghribi: A double puzzle
in the Islamic cartography of Africa and the Indian Ocean'
Respondent: Joshua Birk, Department of History, UCSB
Professor, English, Comparative Literature, Medieval Studies,
University of Toronto)
- 'Currents and Currency in Marco Polo's Divisement dou monde
and The Book of John Mandeville'
Respondent: Yunte Huang, Department of English, UCSB
- Reception 4:30-5:30